Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
Steak palomilla from Cuban cafe Don Carlin in Sunrise.
This week on the blog:
- The Meatist rails against flavorless, overpriced cuts of beef.
- Garlicky hummus is easy to make at home, and here's how.
- Our list of 100 Favorite Dishes continues with French toast, foie gras, and fish tacos.
- If you remember Dan's Original Submarine's in Fort Lauderdale, you probably remember their amazing Italian peppers and eggs sandwiches.
- Two chefs take over for Mark Militello at the Office.
- Our full review this week is on El Guanaco, an authentic Salvadoran restaurant in Fort Lauderdale that makes outstanding tortillas.
- There are some new faces in this year's Savor the Avenue lineup, and we've got a breakdown of what they're offering.
- Cubano joint Don Carlin does great, inexpensive lunch in Sunrise.
- We interview James Beard Best Chef: South nominee Zach Bell.
- The Ritz-Carlton's Cero is no more -- say hello to Via Luna.
- Here's an interview with Taqueria Dona Raquel's general manager, Fernando Alejandre.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Florida Beer: Hop of the Muffin From Bangin' Banjo Brewery
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Pizzacraft Opens Today in Fort Lauderdale's Himmarshee Village
- Bartender Brawls: Round One Rocks Max's Social House