Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
Steak palomilla from Cuban cafe Don Carlin in Sunrise.
This week on the blog:
- The Meatist rails against flavorless, overpriced cuts of beef.
- Garlicky hummus is easy to make at home, and here's how.
- Our list of 100 Favorite Dishes continues with French toast, foie gras, and fish tacos.
- If you remember Dan's Original Submarine's in Fort Lauderdale, you probably remember their amazing Italian peppers and eggs sandwiches.
- Two chefs take over for Mark Militello at the Office.
- Our full review this week is on El Guanaco, an authentic Salvadoran restaurant in Fort Lauderdale that makes outstanding tortillas.
- There are some new faces in this year's Savor the Avenue lineup, and we've got a breakdown of what they're offering.
- Cubano joint Don Carlin does great, inexpensive lunch in Sunrise.
- We interview James Beard Best Chef: South nominee Zach Bell.
- The Ritz-Carlton's Cero is no more -- say hello to Via Luna.
- Here's an interview with Taqueria Dona Raquel's general manager, Fernando Alejandre.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks