Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
Steak palomilla from Cuban cafe Don Carlin in Sunrise.
This week on the blog:
- The Meatist rails against flavorless, overpriced cuts of beef.
- Garlicky hummus is easy to make at home, and here's how.
- Our list of 100 Favorite Dishes continues with French toast, foie gras, and fish tacos.
- If you remember Dan's Original Submarine's in Fort Lauderdale, you probably remember their amazing Italian peppers and eggs sandwiches.
- Two chefs take over for Mark Militello at the Office.
- Our full review this week is on El Guanaco, an authentic Salvadoran restaurant in Fort Lauderdale that makes outstanding tortillas.
- There are some new faces in this year's Savor the Avenue lineup, and we've got a breakdown of what they're offering.
- Cubano joint Don Carlin does great, inexpensive lunch in Sunrise.
- We interview James Beard Best Chef: South nominee Zach Bell.
- The Ritz-Carlton's Cero is no more -- say hello to Via Luna.
- Here's an interview with Taqueria Dona Raquel's general manager, Fernando Alejandre.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.