Doritos Crash The Super Bowl: Check Out These Cool Videos
The TV Show Mad Men has gotten many people interested in what goes behind the scenes on Madison Avenue.
Is it really just a bunch of guys drinking Scotch and hitting on women between sudden bouts of genius?
Maybe not, but sometimes it takes an amateur to breathe new life into a commercial.
Hence the Doritos Crash The Superbowl contest, where amateur filmmaker
are invited to make their very own low-budget Doritos commercial --
which will be shown in the most expensive time slot in the world -- The
Doritos has got a lot of chutzpa to run an amateur commercial at the
big game, since according to Ad Age,
spots are going for around $3.8 million dollars. But, this is the
seventh time that Doritos has held this contest and, frankly, these ads
are funnier and better than any we've seen in a while.
producer of the winning ad will not only get to see his or her baby air
during the Super Bowl, they'll be offered a chance to work with Michael
Bay on Transformers Four. Pretty sweet!
Watch the videos, then vote for your favorite on Facebook.
Express Checkout -- In this very South Florida-esque spot, a young guy tries to get one over on the sweet little old lady paying for her groceries in pennies. What he doesn't know is age always wins over beauty.
Goat 4 Sale
- Sure having a pet goat may be awesome. You can hug it, you no longer need to worry about recycling, and it shares your love of nacho chips. But, be careful what you wish for. Very careful.
- A cute little curly-haired toddler has had it with the family pet. Who knew that Doritos could lead an adorable girl to dogicide?
Fashionista Dad - Sometimes you just gotta take one for the team. Even when the team includes Disney Princesses and a make believe tea party.
Fetch -- When dogsitting Goliath do not play fetch. I repeat -- DO..NOT...PLAY...FETCH!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Sneak Peek: Restaurants You'll Encounter at New Times' Pairings 2015
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Night + Day: Eight Things to Do This Week in Broward and Palm Beach
- Steve Martorano on Cafe Martorano Changes: "The Floor Alone Will Be Spectacular"