Dumpster Dive Breakfasts, Toilet Bowl Dinners, and Other Absurd Links
Here's a roundup of five strange and disturbing food-related links.
1. Check out this video on dumpster diving with chef-activist Daniel Klein, who has worked with Tom Colicchio and Thomas Keller, among others. "I've gained ten pounds since I started dumpster diving," he says.
2. "All You Can Eat" shrimp dinners are killing Florida's mangroves. Here's why it matters.
3. Diners eat from toilet bowls at a Chinese restaurant called ShitHouse.
4. Thieves seek restaurants' used fryer oil.
5. Do you fugu? Why more restaurants offer this deadly and delicious dish.
Are you a dumpster diver aficionado? Know where to get fugu in South Florida? Sound off in the comments.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Q&A: Bravo's Below Deck Chef Ben Robinson Dishes on Strange Yacht Requests
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- The Seven Best Breakfast Spots in Palm Beach County
- South Florida Food & Drink Events for the Week: Bottle Releases, Oyster Tasting,...