Dunkin' Donuts Offers Heart Shaped Donut Plus Donut Recipe
Pick up some love on the way to the office this morning and get a dozen Cupid's Choice donuts from Dunkin's Donuts. This is Dunkin's first-time attempt at making a heart-shaped donut.
The Cupid's Choice donut comes in two varieties - basically a heart-shaped bavarian creme donut and a heart-shaped jelly donut with pink frosting. Both varities have heart-shaped candy confetti.
While you would probably get punched in the head repeatedly if you tried to give this to a date instead of something more in the line of an expensive dinner or jewelry, the Cupid's Choice donut makes an ideal present for the office or your five year old.
In the spirit of the holiday season, Dunkin' Donuts has also shared a recipe for Cocoa Donut "Grilled Cheese", which is actually more delicious than it initially sounds. Recipe after the jump.
Cocoa Donut Grilled Cheese Sandwich
6 Dunkin' Donuts Cocoa Donuts
6 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1 Package Fresh Strawberries, Thinly Sliced
1. Cut the Dunkin' Donuts Cocoa Donut in half, creating a top and bottom.
2. Placing the cut side down (glazed side on the top), spread 2 Tablespoons (1 oz) of Cream Cheese onto both halves of the donut.
3. Slice one large strawberry thinly and place a few slices on top of the Dunkin' Donuts Reduced Fat Cream Cheese. Top with other half of the donut.
4. Coat a fry pan with cooking spray and heat on the stove.
5. Once the pan is hot, place the donut sandwich into the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Then, flip over and continue to cook for another minute until golden.
6. Serve warm.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.