Eat & Drink Local at the Sybarite Pig on Friday
In case you're not aware, it's Slow Foods week right now. With that come a number of events focused on locally produced, "slow" food.
While the local chapter Slow Foods Glades to Coast is hosting a number of events and partnerships, some other localcentric events will be going on as well.
This Friday, the Sybarite Pig will host its own Eat & Drink Local with Jim Wood from Palmetto Creek. The dinner will feature local beer and local pig.
- Slow Foods Week Starts Saturday: Event Schedule
- Palmetto Creek Farms: Real Free-Range Pork From Florida
- Sybarite Pig Opening Soon: Owner Daniel Naumko Talks Beef, Beer, and Why He Chose That Name
Starting at 7 p.m., the dinner will focus on pairings of locally reared free-range Hereford pork and locally produced craft beer. Farmer Jim Wood will be on-site to discuss the differences in his humanely raised free-range hogs versus industrial production methods.
The three-course dinner with full 12-ounce pours of beer is going for $35 per person. The menu includes:
Pork loin with pea purée, pickled radishes, and smoked pepitas
Cigar City Brewing Stiftung
Pork ribs with kapusta, dates, and pistachio
Native Everglades Pale Ale
Chocolate bacon mousse
Due South Brewing Roasted Cocoa Stout Nitro
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- PGA National Resort Craft Beer Bash Saturday, August 8: Ommegang, Coppertail, Avery,...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Favorite Dish: Pulled Pork Sandwich From Greenwood BBQ in Lighthouse Point
- July 2015 Broward and Palm Beach Restaurant Openings and Closings