Elevation Burger Coming to Coral Springs, Grand Openings in Hollywood
• Who says the hamburger has to be the symbol of American junk food? Not Hans Hess, founder of Arlington, VA based chain, Elevation Burger. The recently franchised burger hut pays much credence to its slogan, "Ingredients Matter," building its double-meat patties out of 100% organic, free-range, grass-fed beef. The company also promises all its ingredients -- including toppings like caramelized onions and hot pepper relish -- are fully sustainable, and local when possible. There's even a burger called the "Vertigo" that allows you to stack up to 10 patties on one bun (that can't be sustainable... for my belly). Elevation has quickly expanded since opening its first location in 2005; the one and only South Florida venue is currently in the works and will go into the old Baja Fresh spot in the Walk in Coral Springs. It's slated to open in January.
• The Rainbo Cafe has been a longtime Hollywood landmark since the 1930s, immortalized in films like Cape Fear.
In recent years, the family diner began to decline, but new owner Jim
Fantasia (of Fantasia's of Boston and the Riverside Hotel) has given
the joint a bit of an overhaul. In addition to the classic diner
formula of hearty, homecooked breakfast, lunch, and dinners, Fantasia
this month opened the Grille Room at the Rainbo Cafe, an upscale
addition to the eatery that will open for business Wednesdays through
Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. Expect stuff you won't find in your average
diner, like lobster cheesecake, Chilean sea bass, and all manner of
"crusted" entrees (potato-crusted salmon, pistachio crusted rack of
lamb, pepper-crusted tuna). Just don't call it "crusty."
• Though it's been open a few months now, Mediterranean-inspired tapas
shack Satoro Restaurant and Lounge is having a grand opening bash on
November 10 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Come down and nosh on hors d'oeuvres
and wash 'em down with signature Satoro martinis as City of Hollywood
officials cut the ribbon (Who! Who doesn't want to cut the ribbon?!). Find Satoro at 2050 Hollywood Boulevard.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito