Fall of the House of Forte
We've confirmed with executive chef Mark Liberman this morning that Stephen di Asprinio has in fact left the restaurant he gave his name to, Forte di Asprinio, in West Palm Beach, "to pursue other opportunities." Liberman wouldn't, or couldn't tell us much more, except that Asprinio left sometime last week, but the coded language certainly sounds something like the ubiquitous politi-spin "to spend more time with his family." Rumors that the West Palm Beach restaurateur of Top Chef fame left under a cloud of money problems have yet to be confirmed, but Liberman says he's staying on as executive chef and his brother Josh will continue to manage the front of the house. Liberman told us that he may shift the menu and presentation a bit to make the food "less edgy," but that he plans to keep a "farm to table" focus on local, seasonal produce, and intimated that he and Asprinio didn't always see eye to eye. The restaurant is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Bob Cuillo, who also own wineries in Tuscany.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Week 12: The Tongues, They Were A-Wagging
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Max's Social House Announces Bartenders Participating in "Bar Brawls" Competition
- McDonald's Announces All-Day Breakfast Starting October 6