Five Best Chocolate Shops in Broward and Palm Beach
Valentine's Day can be tricky.
A) It's expensive.
B) It can be difficult to determine what is appropriate.
Whether you've been with someone for years and you're on a budget or you've recently started seeing someone and you don't think it's time to let out your full-on romantic side, there's no reason small, sweet gestures can't be just as romantic.
That being said, you must do something to commemorate the day: What better way than chocolate?
And no, a Hershey's bar is not OK.
Here's our guide to the five best chocolate shops in Broward and Palm Beach counties.
1. Jimmie's Chocolates, 148 N. Federal Highway in Dania Beach; call 954-922-0441. Also 1426 NE 26th St. in Wilton Manors; call 954-563-8655. Visit jimmieschocolates.com.
Operating in Dania since 1947 — in 2009, the Pompano location moved to Wilton Manors — this shop has been serving handmade chocolates made on the premises to adoring locals for generations. The cases are filled with stunning delectable options like nuggets, caramels, and marzipans. Don't worry: Jimmie's also offers the typical heart-shaped boxes but with chocolates that are far from ordinary.
2. Patrick Lézé, Palm Beach, 229 Sunrise Ave. in Palm Beach. Call 561-366-1313, or visit patrickleze.com.
In France, it takes at least a decade to open your own pastry shop; Patrick Lézé hit that mark years ago. At this Palm Beach storefront, the master pastry chef serves an array of sweet treats, including chocolates. For the holiday, the store is offering V-Day truffle lollipops, assorted specialty chocolates, macarons, and other sweet treats. Pick up anything here: Your special someone is sure to be pleased.
3. Hoffman's Chocolates, 5190 Lake Worth Road in Greenacres. Call 561-792-5753, or visit hoffmans.com.
In business for around 40 years, this Palm Beach County chocolatier has been hailed for creating some of the best confections in the U.S. — it's been recognized by Bon Appetit and the Wall Street Journal. The shop offers truffles, cordials, fudge, and chocolate-covered strawberries the size of an iPhone. With locations in Greenacres, Palm Beach Gardens, Lake Worth, and Boca Raton, your perfect display of love is easy and convenient — you may want to keep that a secret.
4. JP's Chocolate Shoppe, 2219 Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors. Call 954-368-5533.
After trying hundreds of chocolates, owners J.P. Cobleigh and Barry Miller found what they deemed to be the best chocolates in the country — which are now available for purchase at this Wilton Manors shop. From dozens of truffle options to beautiful fudge and even high-end peanut butter cups, this place has any kind of chocolate you want — or need. Truffle boxes and chocolate roses are ideal for gifts.
5. Schakolad Chocolate Factory, 7740 Nova Drive in Davie. Call 954-472-6155, or visit schakolad.com.
With three generations of chocolatiers starting the franchise, all chocolates in this Davie shop are made on the premises. Options range from truffles to chocolate-covered strawberries to special holiday packages. For V-Day, the shop is offering selections like chocolate Champagne flutes, chocolate handcuffs, and chocolate body paints — it's like the gift that keeps on giving.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Valentine's Day 2016 Dinners in Broward and Palm Beach
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Sat., Feb. 27, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 7:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Mardi Gras Bar Crawl, Food Truck...
- #FloridaBeerFriday: A-10 Hophog Red IPA From Copperpoint Brewing Company