Five New Ways to Consume Bailey's Irish Cream
St. Patty's Day is right around the corner. Inevitably, there will be a great deal of alcohol consumption. Guinness and Irish whiskey flow freely. But Charlie has always been a big fan of Bailey's on March 17. Sipping it on the rocks gets boring after a couple of glasses, so we're offering you some new alternatives.
5. Start your St. Patrick's Day off right: In place of milk, add a half
shot of Bailey's and ground cinnamon to your eggs and whisk. Dip two
slices of bread in the concoction and cook as you would French toast.
4. Substitute it for heavy cream when making a white pan gravy for pork chops.
3. Warm up a shot in the microwave and pour over a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream.
2. Combine the following ingredients to make pudding:
1 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream
12 tablespoons Baileys Original Irish Cream
3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
6 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. If you're still determined to drink your Bailey's in a glass, try this more tropical and Florida-appropriate recipe:
Combine in a shaker equal parts Bailey's, Kahlua, Malibu, and pineapple juice.
Serve in a glass over ice.
Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Win Free Chick-fil-A for a Year at Deerfield Beach Location's Grand Opening September 9
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Indian Cuisine, Late Nights, and...
- Florida Beer: Trapeze Monk Belgian Style Wit From Big Top Brewing Company