Food Event on the Radar
• With oil continuing to spill into the Gulf and moving towards Florida's coastlines, our local waters are in dire straits. It's appropriate, then, that June 8 is World Oceans Day, a world-wide recognition of the importance of the ocean and its protection. On Friday, June 11, the Restaurant at the Four Seasons an Slow Foods Glades to Coast will be celebrating World Oceans Day with a special three-course meal and wine pairing of sustainable seafood and produce. It all starts at 6 p.m. with a cocktail hour, followed by the main event: butter-poached wild shrimp from Florida's East Coast, Florida lobster consume, seared Florida Keys yellow tail snapper, and a piquillo pepper and caper rhubarb tart with strawberry gelato. Tickets are $99 and are all inclusive. Purchase them by June 10 at 5 p.m., and you'll also receive a free one-night stay at the Four Seasons along with a signature spa treatment. Contact Betty Taylor at 533-3748 or at email@example.com.
• Beer fans looking to hang with like-minded guys and gals would be wise to check out the Boca Beer Lovers.
The group meets once per month and, for a nominal fee, provides some
interesting beers to sample and discuss. The June meeting is coming up
on the 22nd at The Lodge
in Boca Raton, and will put together a special sampling of Dogfish Head
Ancient Ales -- the last of these in South Florida, according to the
meet up site! The cost is just $15; all you need to do is register on meet-up.com.
• Cinema Paradiso and Whole Foods are teaming up for Italia Festa, going on now through Monday at the landmark Fort Lauderdale theater. A full list of showtimes and events are listed on FlIFF's website, but here's a quick rundown of the foodstuffs: Tonight at 5:15 there will be a showing of Il Postino
along with a pizza party courtesy of Jet's Pizza ($12 a head). Tomorrow
will feature an antipasto buffet from Whole Foods at 5:30 p.m. followed
by a showing of Remember Me My Love ($15), and Sunday is another Italian buffet replete with wine and a movie, this time Agata E La Tempesta ($18).
• The Friday night Blues and Brews series at Whole Foods Coral Springs
is still going strong in June. There will be appearances by Bottleneck
Alley (tonight), Denny Rowand and Blues Bobby (June 11), Grant Piper
and Pix-E Ensign (June 18), and Blaze and Altar (June 25). Each
performance starts at 7 p.m. and includes brews starting at just $1.49
and wines and coffee drinks priced at $3.99 a glass.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Circa 1926 Tangerine Wheat From Darwin Brewing
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Black Friday Beers, Cocktails for...
- South Florida Grocery and Liquor Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day