Food Events on the Radar
• The old phrase, "Take me out to the ball game" is going to have to be changed to "Take me out of the ball game" after Sunday's Marlins vs. Mets game. That's the Marlins are offering discounted "All You Can Eat Seats" for the throw down. This Club Level section of seats will offer fans completely unlimited quantities of nachos, popcorn, peanuts, soda, and ball park hot dogs throughout the game, to the tune of just $50. Combine that fatty goodness with the thrill of baseball, and Sun Life ushers are going to have to wheel people out on stretchers. The game starts at 1:10 p.m. at Sun Life Stadium (2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens). Tickets are available here.
• The bad boy of South Florida Italian dining, Steve Martorano, has
a soft spot for art, and he'll be showing it to the world next
Thursday, May 20 at 6 p.m. That's when he'll host the 13th Annual
Cuisine For Art dinner at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Grand
Ballroom, benefiting the Art & Culture Center of Hollywood.
Comers will enjoy a cocktail hour followed by a dinner cooked up by
Martorano himself (including his famous meatballs, petite filet mignon,
and fennel-roasted salmon) and plenty of vino to go with it.
Entertainment will be on hand, of course, including a live performance
by Rock With U, and a silent auction. But the biggest draw? The
"celebrity" wait staff, which includes Hollywood Mayor Peter Bober.
Being waited on by the Hollywood political circus? Cool! Just don't
complain about gadflies in your soup. Tickets cost $85. Call
954-921-3274, or snag an online RSVP form here.
Get ready, Tiki Heads -- the Hukilau, America's penultimate Polynesian
affair, is back again begining on June 10. This year's fest will
feature film premiers, live entertainment, drinks galore, and plenty of
Polynesian grub from the likes of Mai Kai and Bahia Cabana. There's
lots more info up at thehukilau.com/2010.
Celeb Chef Ming Tsai will be doing his thang tomorrow at 1 p.m. at the
Macy's Home Store at the Dadeland Mall (Culinary Kitchen, 2nd floor,
7675 SW 88th St., Miami). The event is free and RSVP isn't even
required (but recommended by calling 305-662-3533). Just come watch the
legendary TV chef as he demos his recipes for new-style salmon sashimi,
Asian ratatouille with couscous, and tamari-marinated tofu-cucumber
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tropical Storm Erika: Restaurants and Bars Staying Open, Having Hurricane Parties and...
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Pop-Up Bar at FAT Village Art Walk Serves Craft Cocktails for a Good Cause
- Florida Beer: Category 4 IPA From Due South Brewing Company