Food Events on the Radar
Get a Harris-Rach beef burger at Table 42 for $5 on Wednesdays.
• Join the folks at Table 42 (formerly Coal Mine Pizza) on Wednesday nights for $5 burger night, where Harris Ranch beef burgers cost just -- you guessed it -- five bucks. Also $5: Cocktails from the specialty cocktail list. There's complimentary valet parking as well. Other specialty nights at Table 42: Monday night is "empty pasta bowl" night, and Thursday is ladies night.
• The Best Damn Brew Review
sponsored by 93 Rock is going down next Friday, February 26 at
Gulfstream Park from 8 p.m. until midnight. Ghosts of Gloria will
• Himmarshee Bar and Grill is partnering with Whole Foods to host a wine pairing dinner on the fourth Wednesday of every month. This month's theme is Romance, with a tongue-in-cheek menu to tie it in: First course Grilled asparagus with hearts of palm salad and Laurent-Perrier Champagne. Second course Braised pork shank with fig and strawberry mostarda and Santa Ema merlot. Third course "Heart and Soul," roasted Northern Atlantic lemon sole stuffed with crab and artichoke hearts, with roasted garlic potato gratin and Jermann Italian chardonnay. Fourth course Rum-roasted banana split with vanilla bean gelato, Kahlua ganache, cherry confit, honey-roasted peanuts, and Meeker Late Harvest zinfandel. The dinner costs $59 including tax and tip and starts at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22. Call 954-524-1818 to reserve.
• The Animal Rights Foundation of Florida is offering a free lecture called "Why a Veg?" at Sublime in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, February 28. Topics up for discussion: Why our appetite for chicken, pork, and beef is not only killing 10 billion animals annually, but also the planet. Also: The horrible burden of guilt. That too. The party starts at 5:30 p.m. RSVP with ARFFÆs Humane Educator, James Wildman, at 954-727-2733 or email@example.com.
• The Biltmore's Culinary Boot Camp is starting up again on March 15 through 19 and April 16 to 18. The week-long and weekend-long seminars will feature chef Lourdes Castro, an instructor at New York University's prestigious Food Studies department and author of the best-selling cookbook, Simply Mexican. Prices are $1500 and $900 for the camps. To register, call 305.913.3131 or e-mail CulinaryAcademy@BiltmoreHotel.com.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in the South Florida dining scene.