Food Events on the Radar
The original tagline read: "Her romance is on pins and noodles."
• Nothing says "I love you" like a bowl of ramen... at least according to Ramen Girl, the 2008 comedy starring the late Brittany Murphy. (Not to be confused with this ramen girl.) Imagine Lost in Translation, The Karate Kid, and Chocolat combined. Murphy plays an American gal in Tokyo, who, in order to win back the affections of her boy toy, tries to convince a ramen master to teach her to cook. Hilarity ensues. The Morikami Japanese Gardens will be showing Ramen Girl on February 18 at 7 p.m., followed by a ramen tasting from Chef Uemura, the official chef of the Japanese Consulate of Miami. The event is free, just RSVP here.
• It's time for the Delray Beach Garlic Festival
once again, taking place February 12 to 14 at Old School Square. Aside
from a full lineup of garlicky foods, booths hocking garlic goods,
Garlic Chef Stadium, and free tastings, the fest actually has one
Yeah, I'm shocked too. The ode to the stink bulb takes place over
Valentine's Day weekend, which is no coincidence. Tickets cost only $10
as well, which makes the fest a pretty awesome deal.
• Any chocoholics out there? The South Florida Science Museum will
host a special exhibit just for you this Saturday and Sunday with "The
Science of Chocolate." Discover a ton of interesting chocolate tidbits,
take part in demonstrations, and sample the goods yourself. Visit sfsm.org for more info.
• Tickets are still available for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Grand Tasting Village on Sunday, February 28. The tasting kicks off at 11 a.m. and runs $212 a head.
• The Boca Bacchanal Vitners Dinner and Food and Wine Fest is back March 19 to 21 in Mizner Park and the Boca Raton Resort & Club. There will be pairing dinners, a grand tasting event, and a silent auction throughout the weekend. Guest chefs include Paula DaSilva, Cass Abrahams, Donna Scala, and Lee Hillson. More info at bocabacchanal.com.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Cafe Vico Serves Classic Italian, With an Occasional Twist
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Fifth Annual Deerfield Beach Wine and Food Festival Returns May 30
- W Fort Lauderdale Hotel Kicks Off Salvation Summer Sunday Pool Party (Photos)