Food Events on the Radar
It all makes sense now.
• Ever wonder why Hello Kitty is always smiling? She's loaded. The Japanese know better than anyone the value of happy hour, which is why Sushi House (15911 Biscayne Blvd.,
North Miami Beach) is offering one hell of a good one. Every Tuesday through Sunday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., all house liquor and select cocktails are two-for-one. In addition, wines, sakes, and big-ass beers are just $5 a pop, and a special happy-hour menu features plates of ceviche, spicy seafood salad, and sushi at discounted prices. It's no coincidence the hours have rush hour in mind either. That should put a smile on your face too.
• It's less than a month to the Mexican
excuse to drink
holiday Cinco de Mayo, which means it's time to start gearing up. Which
raises all sorts of questions, like: "Which sombrero matches my white
shoes?" and "Where am I going to party?" Can't help you on the first
Both locations will have a live mariachi band and DJ (sounds like a
great combo), plus prize giveaways and free tequila pourings throughout
the night. The festivities start at noon and run until 1 a.m. Ay,
• Listen up, sports fans. Duffy's Sports Bar and Grill,
that family-friendly spot with tons of TVs and big-game-caliber food,
is opening another location. Next Friday, April 23, will mark the
debut of Duffy's Fort Lauderdale, right off 17th Street Causeway (1804
Fort Lauderdale 33316). Just in time to catch who the Dolphins
will waste their picks on choose in the second round of the prime-time NFL draft.
• The crazy busy SoLita Las Olas could use a little chill-out time, and thanks to its new Tuesday-night
offering, it should get it. Dubbed "All That Jazz & Wines Around
the World," the shindig will bring together live music from local
saxophonist Will Bridges, plus special worldy wine flights and
complimentary hors d'oeuvres at the bar. The jam session (Ha ha, get
it? Jam! Eh...) runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Florida Beer: Mal De Ojo From M.I.A. Brewing Company
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Jerk Fest, Sake Class, and More
- Memorial Day Weekend: Where to Eat, Drink, and Remember in South Florida