Food Events on the Radar
The chefs at Chima will tend the grill for Riverwalk Trust's Get Downtown.
• Fort Lauderdale's largest, outdoor happy hour is back on April 9. The Riverwalk Trust's Get Downtown series, now in its 12th year, brings the party to the streets with food, entertainment, and drink all for $20 ($25 at the door). Sample bites from YOLO, Bova Prime, Chima, Cold Stone Creamery, Riverside Hotel, Sublime, and more as you listen to tunes from local band, Bounce. Admission also nets you two free drinks. The shindig starts at 5 p.m. in the Plaza at Las Olas (in front of YOLO at 333 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale). Get tickets at goriverwalk.com.
is hosting a wine pairing dinner and foodie movie next Wednesday, March
24. The five-course dinner starts at 7 p.m. and includes a mingle hour
where you can sample the restaurant's signature martini plus passed
hors d'oeuvres. The meal will include eight wine selections, and
concludes with a screening of Penelope Cruz's Woman on Top. The dinner and a movie costs $65; RSVP is required.
is debuting its new Artist Label Wine Series this week with a small
batch Cabernet Sauvignon crafted by winemaker Thomas Peffer of Alaton
Vineyards in Napa Valley. The label itself, a work entitled "At Peace,"
was painted by artist Dean J. Baer. Proceeds from each sale will go
towards Share Our Strength, an organization combating childhood hunger
in America. The small-batch wine had a little over 7,600 bottles
produced, and will be available through April 25 at Capital Grille
• With all the openings at Gulfstream Park lately, the renovated
racetrack is becoming quite the food hot spot. On March 27, though, it
will also become the scene of a grisly murder (dun dun DUN!). That's
when the Ten Palms restaurant will host its Murder Mystery Dinner
Party, an interactive dinner and show set in 1920s Georgia. It's like
Clue, only with more prime rib. Tickets cost $40 per person; RSVP by
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Beer Releases, Wine Dinners, and More
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Restaurants React to Banning of Alcohol Sales Past 2 a.m. in Fort Lauderdale
- The Regional Kitchen & Public House to Open With Chef Lindsay Autry