Food Events on the Radar
Dogfish Head invades Morton's next month.
• Even fancy-ass steakhouses are getting in on craft beer these days. Case in point: Morton's, The Steakhouse will host a Dogfish Head pairing dinner at 7:30 p.m. on June 18 at its Fort Lauderdale location. Come in and try Dogfish's 90 Minute IPA, Raisin D'Etre, Midas Touch, and Palo Santo Marron paired with selected cheeses, petite filet mignon sandwiches, tuna tartare canapés, smoked salmon wedges, and lamb chops with brie. The price is $45 per beer-swiller, and proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Call 954-467-9720.
• The monthly Whole Foods wine dinner at Himmarshee Bar & Grill
is back, this time with what Chef Chris Miracolo calls "The Month of
Plenty." And plenty there will be. The four-course dinner, priced at
just $45 per person, including tax and gratuity, will be paired with
Grgich Hills Wines and includes: soft lobster taco with poblano,
tomatillo, queso blanco and avocado crème; Pacific halibut cheeks with
creamless curried corn and sauteed wild ramps; veal and sausage roulade
with soft polenta, fiddleheads and natural jus; and finally a spring
plum tart with vanilla bean gelato.
For more information or to make a reservation, call 954-524-1818.
• Whole Foods Fort Lauderdale is also heralding in the start of Summer on
May 29 with a food demo festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aside from
sampling new products, you can listen to live steel drum music and grab
grub from the Giving Grill in front of the store, with proceeds
benefiting the USO.
• And another fundraiser! This one from RA Sushi,
whose annual Nicky's Week raises funds for St. Jude Children's
Hospital. From May 30 to June 5, 100 percent of the proceeds on select
items will go towards the cancer research center.
• Celebrate with Rocco Mangel, the man behind Rocco's Tacos,
on June 4 from 8 p.m. to midnight. Why? It's his birthday, of course.
Since Mangel is more of a giver than a taker, he's offering $3 Dos
Equis, $5 Cabo Wabo Blanco cocktails, and free gifts to anyone with a
June birthday. DJ Adam Lipson will perform as well. Clematis Street
• Lastly, in celebration of National Hamburger Day (May 28) Legal Sea Foods is offering an "Al-Tuna-Tive" burger. Oh God, the bad puns....
anyway, this ground yellowfin burger with brioche bun and red pepper
mayo will be available at the Boca location (6000 Glades Rd., Boca
Raton) on May 28.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in the South Florida dining scene.