Food Events on the Radar
Taverna Opa's gone wild...
• Lirim Jacobi's chain of raucous Greek eateries, Taverna Opa, is
debuting its newest location tonight at the Dolphin Mall in Miami
(11401 NW 12th St.). With it comes belly dancers, napkin tossing, and a
sound-system that would make any MIA nightclub jealous. Also, tonight
is ladies night, so cocktails are half-priced for women from 9 p.m. to
• Easter is all about family right? Well, so's the Easter family-style brunch at Lola's on Harrison.
$36 per adult all-inclusive ($16 per child) gets you Michael Wagner's
family feast, including house-made muffins with strawberry butter,
granola parfait, scrambled eggs with spinach and tomato, brioche French
toast with bananas and pecans, classic eggs Benedict, tangerine glazed
ham, poached salmon with dill sauce, applewood smoked bacon, pork
sausage, and breakfast potatoes. Hot damn. Reserve by calling
• Word is Rosey Baby's crawfish shipment this week are the best of the season. Only three months left...
that will bring $40 million of farm-to-school support over five years.
The bill is expected to be brought in front of the Senate in
mid-to-late April, so if you haven't talked to your legislator yet, do so now.
• Dinner and a movie sounds like a plan at Cinema Paradiso's Cinema a la Mode, sponsored by Whole Foods Fort Lauderdale. This month's movie is Bitter/Sweet, a romcom set in the coffee fields of Thailand. To compliment it, Chef Lynn Battels of Whole Foods is crafting coffee-rubbed chicken satay with banana fritters and sweet Thai iced coffee. The gathering starts at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 7. Tickets cost $9; get them at fliff.com.
• The Pompano Beach Seafood Festival, now in its 26th year, takes place Friday, April 16 through Sunday, April 18 at Atlantic Blvd. and A1A in Pompano Beach. Come check out live music, art, and fresh seafood from over a hundred vendors. Tickets cost $10.
Have a food event you'd like to share with our readers? E-mail submissions to John.Linn@Browardpalmbeach.com.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- South Florida Native Ben Etheridge Making Small Batch Black Coral Rum in Riviera Beach
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Florida Beer: B. Rabbit Espresso Stout From Copperpoint Brewing Company
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Funky Buddha, Wine and Food Fest,...