Fort Lauderdale Restaurant Openings and Closings
Looks like D Wade's is finally getting traded.
• The former Dogma Grill spot on Federal (900 S. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale) has been boarded up and empty since the hot dog joint closed early last year. But the place seems to finally have new tenant: Domino's Pizza. A trademark Domino's sign was spotted in front of the building along with workers busy gutting the building's interior.
• Speaking of long-vacant edifices, D Wade's (1451 N. Federal Highway,
Fort Lauderdale) finally got traded to a new team. Brick House
Tavern and Tap, a sporty pub that crosses The Man Show with a beer
bar, just signed on to the prime spot. We'll have more info on the bar later this week.
Zocalo, a Margate restaurant designed to look like a Mexican
courtyard, closed abruptly this March (1436 N. State Road
7). But now it's set to reopen
with the same name but new management. The restaurant should be back in
business come late September.
• It seems the former Samba
Room space, vacant
for all of ten days now, may already be spoken for (350 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort
Lauderdale). Sources say a deal with an undisclosed
restaurant group is in the final stages. We'll have the scoop once the
ink is dry.
• Another Margate Mexican restaurant is kaput. That
would be La Choza (6522 W. Atlantic Blvd.), which for years
served standard-format Mexican and Spanish dishes. It has been replaced
by Pupuseria El Proveedor, a Salvadoran eatery serving the country's
national dish plus plenty of other authentic eats.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks