Fort Lauderdale's Top Ten Local Restaurant Stories of the Summer
This past summer-between May 31st and yesterday- the area's readers have been more interested in the opening of burger joints-or really, just about any joint- than porn filmed at a pizzeria. Read on for the season's most read local restaurant news of the summer. The results may surprise you.
10. Chuck Burger to Open in Palm Beach Gardens. A new concept from the people behind Mexican PyroGrill, Chuck Burger serves Creekstone Farms beef burgers, fries and shakes.
9. CG Burgers Celebrates Coral Springs Opening with Free Burgers. Free stuff means traffic for this post on an opening of another location of the build a burger shop.
7. 51 Supper Club to Dish in Palm Beach Gardens. Sister restaurant to New York's 214, the opening of this restaurant appeals to retro snobs and cocktail hounds.
6.Porn Filmed at a Fort Lauderdale Pizzeria. At 44 comments, this article was the one that people had the most to say about, but was not even close to the most viewed post: Surprising, considering the lasciviousness of filming porn behind the line and in the pantry during service at Squiggy's.
5.Free Block Party and Grand Opening Celebration at Longboards in West Palm Beach . Rodney Mayo's latest restaurant featuring seafood and organic, local produce garners curiosity and readers.
4. PL8 to Open Thursday in Place of Old Mainstay Himmarshee Bar & Grille. A concept and name change at the anchor of downtown means small plates and a minimalist dining room, even though the restaurant is run by the same folks who bought it seven years ago.
3. BJ's Restaurant to Open in Pembroke Pines, Now Hiring. A brewhouse with five Florida locations attracts beer geeks and people looking for work.
2. Philippe by Philippe Chow Opens in Boca Raton. The newest, casual restaurant from Philippe Chow pulls traffic for its mention of celebrity regulars.
1.Dig Restaurant Opening in Delray on June 15. Controversy chef changes, and (false) accusations of conspiracy generate the most clicks for restaurant news regarding DIG, the subject of this week's review.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.