Fourteen Florida Restaurants Make OpenTable's Top 100 Outdoor Dining Spots
We love lists. We like making our own lists and being on other people's lists. We especially love "top this" or "best that" lists. Most of all, we love when Florida restaurants top those top lists.
OpenTable announced its 2013 Top 100 Outdoor Dining Spots and Florida managed to hold down 14 spots on the list. Six of those are right here in Broward and Palm Beach counties.
You might be thinking that with our balmy climate and beautiful shoreline views, it's not so surprising we'd own this list, but, remember, this is a national list so we're competing with plenty of other scenic spots to grab a bite.
Still, only Arizona (five - beat 'em), Hawaii (20 - OK, but it's Hawaii), and California (42 - that state is huge!) nabbed nearly as many noms.
OpenTable - an online reservation service - got their results much the same way we get our Readers' Poll results (reminder: you only have until May 29 to vote!), they asked their readers what they thought.
According to OpenTable:
These awards reflect the combined opinions of more than 5 million reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for more than 15,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
When you consider they were going up against locales like Honolulu and Malibu, we should be especially proud that six of the 14 Florida finalists came from Broward and Palm Beach counties, but then, we always knew we were pretty to look at.
Here are the Florida finalists. If there's a restaurant on this list you haven't been to (shame on you, first of all) check them out soon:
- Blue Moon Fish Co. - Fort Lauderdale
- Chart House Restaurant - Fort Lauderdale
- Dada - Delray Beach
- Deck 84 - Delray Beach
- Oceans 234 - Deerfield Beach
- JB's On The Beach - Deerfield Beach
- Crazy About You - Miami
- Café Sambal-Mandarin Oriental - Miami
- Peacock Garden Café - Coconut Grove
- Red Fish Grill - Miami
- Latitudes - Key West
- Nine One Five - Key West
- Ophelia's on the Bay - Sarasota
- Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Naples, Florida
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Boca's Wick Theatre Channels Tavern on the Green With New Tavern Restaurant
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Downtown West Palm Beach Presents Fourth Annual Pairings Food & Wine Festival May 28
- Frozen Horchata and Sangria: El Camino Launches Summer Cocktail Menu With Frozen Drinks