Free is Good: Guac at Cantina Laredo, Wine at III Forks, Celebrities at City Oyster
Want the scoop on South Florida food news as it happens? Sign up to be a Broward Palm Beach Insider and receive our weekly newsletter and text alerts.
• You know what tastes good? Free. This Summer, you can get a sample of that courtesy of Cantina Laredo. Just text the word "Cantina" to 89686 and you'll get a coupon for a free "top shelf" guacamole at either the Palm Beach Gardens or Gulstream Village location. Also, said guac makes a great pairing with Laredo's newest Summer cocktails, orange and superfruit mojitos.
• Also free: A complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres sampling at III
Forks Steakhouse. From 5:30
to 6:30 p.m. sample portions of Helfrich Gewurztraminer Alsace, St.
Francis "Wild Oak" Sonoma, and Merryvale Starmont Cabernet Sauvignon for
the very special price of nothing at all. Of course, if you do want to
splurge, you can purchase bottle or glass of the above at half price.
Since some folks aren't wine drinkers, III Forks will also be sampling
vodka drinks from 5 to 6:30 p.m. that day, and every first Tuesday of
the month thereafter. Noice.
• 12-time Olympic Medalist and South Florida resident Dana Torres is
landing in the drink again on August 12. Only this time it will be at City
Oyster & Sushi Bar as a celebrity bartender. Torres, along with
a host of other local celebs, will be donating their time to raise
money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Ride to Cure
program, in which the Palm Beach chapter of the JDRF will cycle 72 miles
around Lake Tahoe. Get in on the action by purchasing a cocktail from
Torres and company from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Favorite Dish: Pulled Pork Sandwich From Greenwood BBQ in Lighthouse Point
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- July 2015 Browand and Palm Beach Restaurant Openings and Closings
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Food Tour, Wine Tasting,...