Funky Buddha Dinners at Hot and Soul; Whole Foods Coral Springs
What do you do when your craft brewery doesn't serve food? You bring the beer to some of the best restaurants in south Florida and co-host awesome beer pairing dinners.
That's exactly what Funky Buddha's been doing lately -- and it makes for an amazing evening of beer and food. Two more dinners are on the books for August -- one a multi-course tasting extravaganza, the other a less formal (and budget-friendly) way to pair a great meal with a great beer. Here's the scoop on both.
On Wednesday, August 21 at 7 p.m., Funky Buddha pairs up with Hot and Soul in Fort Lauderdale for a five-course beer pairing dinner. Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased at funkybuddhahotandsoulbeerpairing.eventbrite.com.
Each paired brew is also used as a component in the dish, making the meal a fully formed exploration into the Funky Buddha experience. The menu (with beer pairings) includes:
- Floridian, paired with shrimp poached in Floridian hefeweizen, pickled okra, heirloom tomato, green goodness dressing
- Doc Brown, paired with beer glazed tuna loin over sesame soba noodles with fried ginger
- OP Porter, paired with beef shank & pecorino romano ravioli with beef marrow OP Porter sauce
- Hop Gun IPA, paired with Hop Gun braised pork cheeks with yukon gold potato cakes & braised kale
- Cucumber Jones, paired with sweet avocado basil empanada and Cucumber Jones jello shot
On Friday, August 23, Whole Foods Market in Coral Springs (you know, the one with the pub) is hosting a "Funky Beer Dinner" , featuring Funky Buddha Hop Gun.
From 5:30 - 9 p.m., you'll be able to purchase a glass of Funky Buddha's Hop Gun for a penny when you purchase any dish from the pub menu. Special entrees for the evening include Hop Gun IPA battered fish & chips with cole slaw; a six ounce grilled rib eye with roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli; and a tapas trio of marinated olives, papas bravas with paprika aioli, and chicken and chorizo pintxos. All dishes are $10.99 each. Remember to add a penny for your beer and you'll dine for an amazing eleven bucks!
In addition, experts from Funky Buddha will be out and about to answer all your brew-based questions, and Warren Hill will provide a "musical snack" for your listening enjoyment.
Follow @ CleanPlateBPB
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- No More Pizza: Pizzeria Oceano Becomes Jerk Oceano in Lantana
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Florida Beer: Route 90 Rye Pale Ale From Engine 15 Brewing Company
- Fourth-Annual All-You-Can-Eat Boca Burger Battle Returns to Sanborn Square