Good Ol' Greasy Spoons: Five Reliable Diners in (and Around) Fort Lauderdale
5. Joe's Cafe, Fort Lauderdale
arena-sized diner is actually four gigantic rooms put together, making
it one of the largest restaurants around. And the menu's not messing
around either: You can get almost anything your heart desires here.
Veggie lasagna? Umm-hmm. Gyro omelette? Sure. Bagels and lox? Check.
With room for 400 people and enough choices so's they could all be
eating a different vittle, can you lose? No.
3. Egg N You Diner, Wilton Manors
love this place, and how could they not? This place is so
stereotypically old-school, you expect Mel to be kissing someone's grits
at any minute. And, typically, the waitresses have all the sassy charm
of a classic Florence Jean Castleberry, while the burly men in the back
pump out a steady slipstream of hangover-demolishing breakfasts. Snobby
types may quibble with stains on the booths or whatnot, but you can't
beat Egg N You for authenticity.
1. Lester's Diner, Fort Lauderdale
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Q&A: Bravo's Below Deck Chef Ben Robinson Dishes on Strange Yacht Requests
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- The Seven Best Breakfast Spots in Palm Beach County
- South Florida Food & Drink Events for the Week: Bottle Releases, Oyster Tasting,...