Happy Hour at City Oyster, Chef Demos at Macy's, Mondays at Tarpon Bend
• Saturday and Sunday are decidedly happier days than any ol' weekday. So why is it happy hour is restricted to Monday through Friday? It's not at City Oyster and Sushi Bar in Delray Beach, where happy hour runs all week 'round. From 4 to 7 p.m., folks can get two-for-one on all drinks, including top-shelf liquor, wine, and craft beer. City Oyster follows that with a selection of half-priced appetizers at the bar including salt-and-pepper rock shrimp, pizzetta with roasted peppers, and jumbo lump crab spinach dip. For those early birds out there, the joint is also offering buy-one-get-one-half-off deals on every entrée. Call 565-272-0220.
• Macy's Home Store keeps on trucking this summer with a series of
demos from local and celebrity chefs. On July 24, the Aventura Mall
location will host Marko Krancher, chef at Acqua Restaurant at the Four
Seasons Miami. Krancher, who's done pastry work at Four Seasons resorts
across the globe, will show off treats such as his bittersweet
chocolate angel food cake topped with warm
chocolate milk chaser, espresso whip, and white Godiva chocolate
anglaise. That demo is free and takes place at 1 p.m. Across town at
the Dadeland Mall Macy's, chef Oscar Veneziani of concept store Crepemaker will show off his savory crepe technique. Same bat day, same bat time.
• Finally, Tarpon Bend is doing a Monday dealio on its famous "Big
Cheese" burgers. The appropriately named sandwiches are going for $5
anytime after 5 p.m. One question remains: Can I gladly pay you Tuesday
for a hamburger today?
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Florida Beer: Hop of the Muffin From Bangin' Banjo Brewery
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Pizzacraft Opens Today in Fort Lauderdale's Himmarshee Village
- Bartender Brawls: Round One Rocks Max's Social House