Help Wanted: The (Restaurant) World According to Craigslist
- After the fallout following the Scott Rothstein ponzi scheme, Tony and Laurie Bova got their mojo back with the opening of Vivo Partenza; now they're opening Mario's Osteria in the former McCormick and Schmick's location in Boca. They're looking for a bad ass with five plus years of experience:"Applicant must be hands-on, hard working and able to oversee entire kitchen staff. . ." as well as a laundry list of other requirements.
- Giant, 500-seat Phillippe Chow's restaurant in Boca is hiring for a late August opening. If you've had front of the house experience and can follow directions, one of these jobs can be yours.
small plates, 30-seat restaurant in Wilton Manors is looking for
specific type of line cook:"While we are not a 'gay bar,' we are located
in a predominantly gay area and the rest of our staff is gay. . . Also
our owner and chef are allergic to cigarette smoke so we HIGHLY prefer a
non-smoker." It's a mouthful.
new wine bar will be opening in West Palm, the owners of which are
looking for an executive chef with a coupla years' experience who knows
wine as well as the difference between saltimbocca and salami.
Interested? Check it out here.
- How are your bouncer skills? Rocco's madhouse is looking for managers. If you're deft at handling boozed-up babes and tequila-fueled tourists, here's a job for your skill set.
- In other notes, mixology is making its way to the area as some shop is looking for Floridian mad scientists. Like playing with foam and making spheres? How 'bout glow in the dark cocktails? If you don't mind being spoken to in ALL CAPS, this may be the job for you.
- Looking to bail from sunny Florida? Steven Starr will attempt to lure you to Philly just in time for the cold weather and gray skies.
- And. Sigh. . Who doesn't love Daniel Boulud? Ambitious line cooks, heads up: If you're willing to make the jump to NYC to live in an overpriced hovel while working 18 to 20 hours a day, you too can have your ass handed to you from one of the country's -- nay, the world's -- most renowned chefs. For a young'un with the constitution, the opportunity may be worth it.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Publix Offering Signature NFL Subs in Four Cities, Including South Florida
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Boatyard — Formerly Bimini Boatyard — Hosting Job Fair September 10 to 12
- Funky Buddha Brewery's Sweet Potato Casserole Is Out Today, Morning Wood Coming Next Week