Hits From the South Beach Wine & Food Festival
The SoBEWFF kicked off today, with glitzy food- and chef-driven events running through Sunday. While eager fans get ready to trek to Miami for grub, Clean Plate Charlie is prepping you with everything you need to know about the fest.
We'll start off the fun after the jump with a revealing two-part video of Paula Deen from the 2009 festival. It was a hot, January day, when the Southern Fried Lady herself decided to let her backside go al fresco...
Oh Paula, even when faced with humiliation in front of hundreds (thousands now on the web), you're still a lady. Er, at least you were before you continued with this:
I lol'd. Seriously, though, at least she has a great sense of humor. That's my kind of class.
Check out the following links for some great info on the fest:
- In honor of last year's primo gaff, here's a list of the Top 10 Hypothetical Media Disasters that just may come true.
- The guy behind the fest talks South Beach, food, and money with Jacob Katel.
- Here's a preview of the Ritz-Carlton's Burger Bash. Apparently the secret to a great burger is 50 percent short rib and 50 percent beef shoulder.
- An interview with one of the fest's guests of honor, Emeril Lagasse.
- Want to keep up with the SOBEWFF on twitter? Just check out #sobewff for the unofficial, official feed.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.