Ikea Hosts Midsummer Celebration Buffet (Video)
It's not even officially summer, but in Sweden, apparently, it's already mid-summer. Or, at least the start of summer (even though it's called Midsommar). That doesn't really surprise us, considering all the confusing (yet charming) names for simple items like chairs and sofas.
In any event, Ikea is having one of their totally awesome buffet dinners to celebrate the end of the long, dark Swedish winter.
Best part of all? Assembly is not required!
On Friday June 14, the Ikea Midsommar Smörgåsbord celebrates the longest day of the year (where, in Sweden, the sun doesn't set), with a traditional dinner filled with meatballs, hard-boiled eggs, salads, and many, many different herrings.
There are two seatings, at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., and tickets are $12.99 per adult ($4.99 for kids 12 and under). Ikea Family members eat for $9.99 ($2.49 for kids). Advance purchase is suggested, and available at the Ikea restaurant.
The Ikea Midsummer Smörgåsbord menu includes:
- Assorted Varieties of Herring
- Whole poached salmon
- Tossed green salad and cucumber salad
- Rhode Island salad
- Summer salad
- Assorted Swedish cheeses
- Boiled dill potatoes
- Meatballs with lingonberries
- Hard boiled eggs with shrimp
- Gravad lax w/ mustard sauce
- Smoked salmon w/horseradish sauce
- Swedish ham (served cold) with mustard Prinskorv sausage (sautéed)
- Crispbread, thin bread, and dinner rolls
- Strawberries and whipped crème
- Ice cream
- Coffee, tea, and fountain beverages
Here's an Ikea commercial that shows what you're in for during the celebration. If this is really true, you're getting your money's worth!
Follow @ CleanPlateBPB
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Florida Beer: Hop of the Muffin From Bangin' Banjo Brewery
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Pizzacraft Opens Today in Fort Lauderdale's Himmarshee Village
- Bartender Brawls: Round One Rocks Max's Social House