John Offerdahl's Gridiron Grill-Off: Half Off Tickets With Voice Daily Deal
There are few things in this world that go together better than football and grilling. After all, what could be better than watching the game while chowing down on a rack of ribs or tailgating in the parking lot with a brew and a burger?
Fortunately, we're in south Florida so grilling and football is more
enjoyable here than in any other part of the country, though we admire
the dedication (and question the sanity) of fans who tailgate in Buffalo
during a driving snowstorm.
Football great John Offerdahl, who has transitioned from athlete to successful restaurateur, is hosting the John Offerdahl's Gridiron Grill-Off this Saturday, December 1.
1 - 5 p.m. Pompano Beach Amphitheater turns the art of grilling into a
competitive sport, as Miami Dolphins greats team up with Broward's best
chefs to grill for glory.
Nearly two dozen Dolphin alumni players will be on hand to cook with their chef partners including:
- Nat Moore / Marcos Vico (Cafe Vico)
Joe Rose / Angelo Elia (Casa D'Angelo)
- Keith Sims / Ron Pollack (JB's on the Beach)
- AJ Duhe / Michael Costello (Bimini Boat Yard)
- Jeff Cross / Stanton Bundy (The Royal Pig)
- Jim "Crash" Jensen / Jimmy Henriquez (Bravo Italiano Restorante)
- Troy Stradford / Greg McGowan (Pelican Landing at Hyatt Regency Pier 66)
Eat your way through this "dream team", and enjoy the wines specially paired with each item. Then, vote on your favorite dish.
Tickets for the Gridiron Grill-Off are $75 each, but New Times readers can purchase tickets through Voice Daily Deals for only $37 for a limited time. Click here to purchase your discounted tickets and get set for a day of gridiron grilling.
To get you salivating, here's a promo video from last year's event:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Vibe and YOLO Supports Cystic Fibrosis Foundation With Hearts & Spades Happy Hour
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Fort Lauderdale's Louie Bossi's Ristorante Announces June Grand Opening
- Shake Shack's Memorial Day Madness: Corn Dogs and Red Velvet Concretes