John Offerdahl's Gridiron Grill-Off: Half Off Tickets With Voice Daily Deal
There are few things in this world that go together better than football and grilling. After all, what could be better than watching the game while chowing down on a rack of ribs or tailgating in the parking lot with a brew and a burger?
Fortunately, we're in south Florida so grilling and football is more
enjoyable here than in any other part of the country, though we admire
the dedication (and question the sanity) of fans who tailgate in Buffalo
during a driving snowstorm.
Football great John Offerdahl, who has transitioned from athlete to successful restaurateur, is hosting the John Offerdahl's Gridiron Grill-Off this Saturday, December 1.
1 - 5 p.m. Pompano Beach Amphitheater turns the art of grilling into a
competitive sport, as Miami Dolphins greats team up with Broward's best
chefs to grill for glory.
Nearly two dozen Dolphin alumni players will be on hand to cook with their chef partners including:
- Nat Moore / Marcos Vico (Cafe Vico)
Joe Rose / Angelo Elia (Casa D'Angelo)
- Keith Sims / Ron Pollack (JB's on the Beach)
- AJ Duhe / Michael Costello (Bimini Boat Yard)
- Jeff Cross / Stanton Bundy (The Royal Pig)
- Jim "Crash" Jensen / Jimmy Henriquez (Bravo Italiano Restorante)
- Troy Stradford / Greg McGowan (Pelican Landing at Hyatt Regency Pier 66)
Eat your way through this "dream team", and enjoy the wines specially paired with each item. Then, vote on your favorite dish.
Tickets for the Gridiron Grill-Off are $75 each, but New Times readers can purchase tickets through Voice Daily Deals for only $37 for a limited time. Click here to purchase your discounted tickets and get set for a day of gridiron grilling.
To get you salivating, here's a promo video from last year's event:
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Favorite Dish: Pulled Pork Sandwich From Greenwood BBQ in Lighthouse Point
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- July 2015 Browand and Palm Beach Restaurant Openings and Closings
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Food Tour, Wine Tasting,...