Kill The Lights: Raise a Glass to Help Sea Turtles
It's that time of year again when lights go dim along South Florida's fabulous coastline in order to help sea turtle hatchlings find their way to the ocean safely. Bright lights can disorient the babies and encourage them to migrate inland instead of toward the sea.
To encourage beachside residents and businesses to help protect nesting sea turtles, The Naked Turtle rum and Sea Turtle Conservancy is hosting a series of events Saturday, May 10 to raise the awareness of the importance of turtle-friendly lighting.
Four different locations are hosting these parties, which will feature The Naked Turtle rum. At these events you can raise a glass to the turtles, wishing them safe passages as they start their lives out to sea. The Kill The Lights parties, which feature drink specials with Naked Turtle rum throughout Saturday are as follows:
- Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach: 12:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Bimini Boatyard: 5 - 7 p.m.
- Oceans 234: 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- Kahuna Bar & Grill: 9 - 10:300 p.m.
While you're there, show support by tweeting #KillTheLights to @NakedTurtle. For every tweet, The Naked Turtle will make a contribution to the Sea Turtle Conservancy. Even if you can't make it out, tweets will still help the sea turtles -- so share the info and tweet away.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks