Palm Beach's own Top Chef contestant Lindsay Autry has been getting around a lot, lately.
Fresh from her recent Sunday Supper/Monday Leftovers pop-up with chef Roy Villacrucis, Autry flew to New York City for an appearance on the Today show.
Chef Autry, who resides in West Palm Beach, presented an alternative barbeque recipe for Memorial Day cookouts.
Instead of the usual grilled-to-the-point-of-burnt burgers and hotdogs, Autry shows us how to make an easy, healthy, and delicious grilled lemon chicken with a nod to Greek flavors.
Autry uses chicken legs (the dark meat allows for low and slow cooking on the grill), marinated in lemon juice, zest, salt, and olive oil for the main dish. She then tops the chicken with zesty pepperocini and capers and serves the dish with grilled lemon broccoli.
Here's Autry's recipe (along with a video so you can follow along):
Lindsay Autry's Lemony grilled chicken legs with pepperocinis, capers and feta (Serves four)
6 each chicken legs; washed and dried
2 lemons; zested and juiced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 - 8 ounce jar pepperocini peppers; drain liquid and chop finely
2 tablespoons capers; drained and chop finely
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley; washed and chopped finely
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 ounces feta cheese; crumbled
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, and black pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add the chicken legs to the vinaigrette and toss well, place in a large plastic re-sealable bag or in a large container. Allow chicken to marinate for at least an hour and up to overnight.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat, or if using charcoal, once coals have turned gray, spread out evenly and heat rack.
3. Remove chicken from refrigerator and pat dry from the marinade. Season with kosher salt.
4. Place chicken legs on the grill, and cook turning occasionally for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165F as an internal temperature.
5. Remove from grill and let rest on a platter while you prepare the garnish.
6. In a small mixing bowl, combine the chopped pepperocinis, capers, parsley, olive oil, and feta cheese. Stir gently to just combine and pour over chicken.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!