Luigi's Coal Oven, D'Angelo, M Bar, Deck 84 Restaurant News
Menu changes, renovations, face-lifts, and other changes are afoot in restaurants around the area. Here's a short list of what we've learned.
1) Luigi's Coal Oven is adding a patio in its parking lot, nearly doubling the seating for the restaurant. Chef Luigi DiMeo says he's not sure when it will be finished, as he's navigating the city's labyrinth of bureaucracy. The restaurant, which debuted in August, offers Neapolitan pies and the most abundant display of vegetables in a house salad in this part of town.
2) D'Angelo has updated its menu for the season. According to the restaurant, the escarole and calamari soup ($9) was brought back by popular demand, made with shrimp and a tomato broth. Among other brisk sellers on the new menu is a portofino pizza ($16), with shrimp, calamari, clams, mussels, and cherry tomatoes. There's also the make-your-own charcuterie board ($20 to $40), and the maialino ($12), with cured pork, arugula, and black olives with an orange citronette.
The second of three concepts by Angelo Elia, this more casual sibling to Casa D'Angelo opened in 2010, followed by D'Angelo Trattoria earlier this year. Is a fourth restaurant in West Palm on the radar?
3) Deck 84
has updated its look by knocking out the walls in the bar area to open
the room to Atlantic Avenue. The restaurant from Burt Rapoport that opened
last March has been hailed for its sprawling deck and view of the
4) M Bar
has quietly closed its lunch hour. And Mancini's has yet to open next
door, after two delays. What's on the docket for restaurateur Jack
Mancini regarding these two Las Olas restaurants? Clean Plate Charlie is awaiting a return call and will keep you posted.
1415 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
4215 N. Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
1201 N. Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304-1456
9 SE 7th Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33483
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito