Mark Militello Hosts James Beard Dinner at 3800 Ocean
Mark Militello is taking over 3800 Ocean for one night.
Mark Militello is taking over the kitchen at 3800 Ocean at the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Resort & Spa for one night only.
The special James Beard tribute dinner is limited to 18 diners, who will enjoy an eight course tasting menu with wine pairings on Thursday, June 21.
The evening will kick-off at 6:30 p.m. with a welcome cocktail, followed
by a 7:00 p.m. dinner.
Chef Militello and
3800 Ocean's Larry LaValley will interact with guests, walking them
through each course with information on the heritage, pairing choice
and ingredient portfolio of each dish.
The multi-course dinner will feature:
- A selection of hors d' oeuvres
- Sheep's milk ricotta gnocchi with crispy artichokes
Pancetta wrapped breast of Rhode Island red milk fed chicken breast served with Swank Farms greens, Garrotxa cheese, Agrumato olive oil, and aged balsamic
- Maine day boat halibut with miso, green tea noodles, and roasted wild mushrooms
- Slow Roasted Berkshire pork with Swank Farms lettuce, house made kimchee, and spicy sauces
Grilled lamb loin with crispy local eggplant, ratatouille, piquillo pepper, natural jus, and eggplant "caviar".
- Red Dragon Welsh cheddar rarebit, pretzel bread, house-smoked bacon
- Fromage blanc cheesecake with house made huckleberry sorbet, iced pistachio nougat, and pistachio foam
The dinner with wine pairings is $85 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity, with proceeds benefiting the James Beard Foundation silver scholarship drive. Each guest will leave with a sample of 3800 Ocean's house made barbecue sauce as a personal gift from 3800 Ocean and Mark Militello.
To reserve your place at the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Week: Chef Battle, Funky Buddha Party, and More
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Miami Press Food Truck to Open Press Gourmet Sandwiches in Fort Lauderdale
- Bimini Boatyard Closing Friday for Three-Month Renovation