MasterChef Casting Call in Orlando October 12
Are you a frustrated attorney who thinks he knows food better than the chef at his favorite restaurant? Or maybe you're a blogger who turns her home into a test kitchen? In any event, if you're a home cook who's obsessed with food, it's time to prove you've got MasterChef talent.
MasterChef is the Fox cooking competition that pits home cooks against each other for bragging rights and the opportunity to be screamed at by Gordon Ramsay. If that sounds like heaven to you, now's the time to tank up the car and take a road trip to Orlando for the upcoming MasterChef casting call.
The nearest casting call to south Florida will be held on Saturday, October 12th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Suites in Orlando, at 5905 S. Kirkman Road.
Before you just show up, here are a few things you'll need to do/fill out:
1. Pre-register for the open call here and upload a recent photo.
2. You'll also have to download the MasterChef application and bring a completed copy with you to the casting.
3. The day of the casting call, you'll be required to bring a prepared dish to be served to the judges. You will be given a few minutes to plate your dish at the casting call location, but there will NOT be a kitchen to cook or warm your dish up so make sure you've brought your food in a cooler with ice if it's cold....or you've found a way to get to a microwave if it's hot. The last thing you want to do is give the judges food poisoning.
4. To apply to be on the show, you must be 18 years or older (or will turn 18 before January 1, 2014). You must also be a citizen of legal permanent resident of the United States.
5. You cannot currently work as a professional chef and you cannot have ever worked as a professional chef. That includes restaurants, hotels, food trucks, and catering gigs. You also cannot have your main source of income come from preparing or cooking fresh food in a professional environment -- so if you make your living preparing fruit arrangements, you're probably out, too!
6. If you get chosen for the show, be prepared to commit yourself to the taping of this show for approximately nine weeks between the months of January and April 2014, depending on how far you advance in the competition.
For a complete list of rules, visit masterchefcasting.com.
Follow @ CleanPlateBPB
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Eat Your Way Through Presidents' Day With Five Different Brunches
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: After Dark Food Market, Fresh Fest,...
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Summadayze IPA From Darwin Brewing