Meet the Judges and Buy Tickets to JA World's Uncorked!
We have a winner! Congrats to Castor Morales on being chosen to judge the second-annual Junior Achievement World Uncorked! on January 21 at Broward College from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Morales' love for a variety of bread puddings made us hungry and secured his win. I'll be sure to order the one made with Krispy Kreme doughnuts the next time I see the Sugar Rush truck.
Morales told us he's a South Florida native who "enjoys all
of the diverse cuisine of our area. From pastelitos to pho to foie gras,
tastes good, it's on my plate," he says.
Morales joins a panel of judges that includes:
- Rosa Cordero, blogger from the Food Chica and Accidental Sexiness blogs
- Laine Doss, New Times food writer
- Chef Ted Inserra, Old Fort Lauderdale Original Breakfast House chef
Burger Beast will also host a burger battle at the event among Rok:Brgr, Elevation Burger, Charm City Burgers, Burger Bar by Chef Allen, and Quickie's. Publix's Apron Cooking School and Brown Distributing will whip up food and beer pairings. There's also a baking competition for culinary students from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale who compete for a scholarship.
If you'd like to attend, tickets cost $150 and can be picked up at will call. Proceeds go toward scholarships for Junior Achievement.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Week 12: The Tongues, They Were A-Wagging
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Max's Social House Announces Bartenders Participating in "Bar Brawls" Competition
- McDonald's Announces All-Day Breakfast Starting October 6