Meet the Judges and Buy Tickets to JA World's Uncorked!
We have a winner! Congrats to Castor Morales on being chosen to judge the second-annual Junior Achievement World Uncorked! on January 21 at Broward College from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Morales' love for a variety of bread puddings made us hungry and secured his win. I'll be sure to order the one made with Krispy Kreme doughnuts the next time I see the Sugar Rush truck.
Morales told us he's a South Florida native who "enjoys all
of the diverse cuisine of our area. From pastelitos to pho to foie gras,
tastes good, it's on my plate," he says.
Morales joins a panel of judges that includes:
- Rosa Cordero, blogger from the Food Chica and Accidental Sexiness blogs
- Laine Doss, New Times food writer
- Chef Ted Inserra, Old Fort Lauderdale Original Breakfast House chef
Burger Beast will also host a burger battle at the event among Rok:Brgr, Elevation Burger, Charm City Burgers, Burger Bar by Chef Allen, and Quickie's. Publix's Apron Cooking School and Brown Distributing will whip up food and beer pairings. There's also a baking competition for culinary students from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale who compete for a scholarship.
If you'd like to attend, tickets cost $150 and can be picked up at will call. Proceeds go toward scholarships for Junior Achievement.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Bar Brawls Week 9: It's the (Semi) Final Countdown!
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- The Blind Monk's Jason Hunt Reveals His Favorite South Florida Beer Bars
- South Florida Thanksgiving Eve Parties 2015: Craft Beers, Drink Specials, and Music