National Tequila Day: Gorgeous Cocktails by Whiskey Blue and Living Room (Recipes)
It's National Tequila Day and there are two ways to celebrate:
1. Drink a lot of tequila straight from the bottle, then Tweet semi-naked pictures of yourself before passing out somewhere (bad idea).
2. Enjoy a well-made classic tequila cocktail that has been hand-crafted for your enjoyment (good idea).
To celebrate tequila day, Living Room and Whiskey Blue at W Fort Lauderdale's head bartender Ray Ramos has curated some fantastic cocktails that are meant for sipping, not guzzling. Proving once again that tequila, in moderation, is a very good thing, indeed.
Enjoy a cocktail tonight either at one of the W's fine bars ($14), or make them at home with these recipes. And leave your iPhone off -- just in case.
1 1/2 oz. Casamigos Blanco Paloma tequila
1/2 oz. Aperol
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. grapefruit juice
Add ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice, shake and strain over fresh ice into a highball. Top with champagne and garnish with grapefruit slice.
2 1/2 oz. silver tequila
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. creme de violette
1/4 oz. fresh lime juice
1/4 oz. simple syrup
Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lime.
3 pcs. fresh jalapeno (no seeds)
1 1/2 oz. Excellia Blanco tequila
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. simple syrup
1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice.
Muddle jalapeno in a shaker, then add ingredients and ice. Shake, then strain into rocks glass with ice. Garnish with jalapeno slice.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- New Times' Pairings Returns; Presale Tickets on Sale Now
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- BeMyDD App Sends Designated Drivers to Take You Home After a Boozy Night
- National Chicken Wing Day: Where to Eat Wings in Broward County