National Tequila Day Is Sunday: Four Places to Celebrate in Broward/PBC
• Any of the three Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
locations: 1313 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 5250 Town Center
Circle, Boca Raton; or 224 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. Because
celebrating National Tequila Day in a venue that stocks several hundred
varieties of the stuff and whose namesake makes a habit of performing a
"Tequila Dance" on the bar just makes sense.
• Tequila Ranch, 5760 Seminole Way, Hollywood. Step 1: Tequila shot. Step 2: Mechanical bull ride(s). Step 3: More tequila shots. Step 4: Make transition to mechanical bull ride spectator.
• Tequila Sunrise Mexican Grill, 4711 N. Dixie Highway, Oakland Park. With 50 varieties of tequila available, plus Mexican beer on tap if you need something to cleanse the palate between tastes.
• Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Cuisine, 449 Plaza Real, Boca Raton. This busy (read: noisy) Mizner Park fixture is more approachable offseason and certainly during a boozy holiday that is not May 5. Try the signature Swirl margarita, or stick with a classic shot, straight up.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- How to Judge a Home Brew Competition: Inside Tips on What the Judges Are Really...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Two& Celebrates the Start of Its Second Year, “Have a Beer and Talk to Us About Bikes”
- Tap 42 Hosts #SaveUber Party Thursday as Ridesharing Service Comes to an End in Broward