Oh, the Horror! Top Ten Scariest Restaurant Phrases
Sometimes the most frightening day of the year isn't Halloween but the day you decide to eat out at a restaurant.
"I am Dracula" intoned by a black-clad figure with bloody fangs and a bad complexion isn't nearly as scary as some of what you might hear at your local emporium of fine dining...
10. "Hi, I'm Bob, and I'll be your server tonight."
9. "Welcome to Chuck E. Cheese."
8. "We do take two-for-one coupons."
7. "Of course our fish is fresh."
6. "Would you like fries with that?"
5. "Chicken sushi."
4. "What health inspection?"
3. "Manson, party of 12."
"Fresh burrata cheese stuffed with fresh strawberries cooked in
amaretto and vanilla bean, then sprinkled with crispy pancetta and extra
virgin olive oil served on a bed of arugula." (An actual restaurant
And finally, the number-one scariest phrase you will ever hear in a restaurant is...
"Chef Lecter recommends the liver with fava beans."
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Valentine's Day 2016 Dinners in Broward and Palm Beach
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Sat., Feb. 27, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 7:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Mardi Gras Bar Crawl, Food Truck...
- #FloridaBeerFriday: A-10 Hophog Red IPA From Copperpoint Brewing Company