Oh, the Horror! Top Ten Scariest Restaurant Phrases
Sometimes the most frightening day of the year isn't Halloween but the day you decide to eat out at a restaurant.
"I am Dracula" intoned by a black-clad figure with bloody fangs and a bad complexion isn't nearly as scary as some of what you might hear at your local emporium of fine dining...
10. "Hi, I'm Bob, and I'll be your server tonight."
9. "Welcome to Chuck E. Cheese."
8. "We do take two-for-one coupons."
7. "Of course our fish is fresh."
6. "Would you like fries with that?"
5. "Chicken sushi."
4. "What health inspection?"
3. "Manson, party of 12."
"Fresh burrata cheese stuffed with fresh strawberries cooked in
amaretto and vanilla bean, then sprinkled with crispy pancetta and extra
virgin olive oil served on a bed of arugula." (An actual restaurant
And finally, the number-one scariest phrase you will ever hear in a restaurant is...
"Chef Lecter recommends the liver with fava beans."
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks