Olympics-Inspired Cocktails: Enjoy Them at Living Room or Make Them at Home
Want to play a drinking game?
Every time something happens that's a complete clusterf**k during the Sochi Winter Olympics -- take a sip of your cocktail.
- Every time an athlete gets locked inside a bathroom -- drink!
- Every time a stray dog wanders into the stadium - drink!
- Every time an Olympic ring fails to light during the big opening ceremony - drink!
- Every time Russian tap water resembles Lipton tea - drink (anything but said water)!
- Every time a speed skater forgets she's naked under her uniform and nearly flashes the world - applaud..then drink!
Get the point? There are so many screw ups during the Sochi Olympics that you're probably totally hammered just toasting to the awesomeness that comes with this level of lousy.
In honor of the occasion, Living Room at The W Fort Lauderdale is offering some Olympics-themed cocktails. They're available now through February 23 for $14 each -- or make them at home with these recipes.
2 oz. Laird's Applejack
3/4 oz. Lime juice
3/4 oz. Grenadine
Build in shaker, strain into Martini glass.
James Bond on the Slopes
1.5 oz. Bombay London Dry Gin
3/4 oz. Zubrowka vodka
3/4 oz. Dolin Blanc vermouth
Build in shaker, strain into Martini glass. Garnish with orange peel.
1.5 oz. Stoli Vodka
1/2 oz. Maraschino
1/2 oz. Creme de Violette
3/4 oz. 75 lemon juice
Three Filthy Cherries
Build in shaker, strain into Martini glass. Garnish with Filthy Cherries.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in the South Florida dining scene.