Oysters, Squash Blossoms, Spare Ribs, and More: Readers Rank Favorites
In tandem with our 100 favorite dishes for the New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012, we're asking readers to offer up their favorites. Submit yours to Melissa.McCart@BrowardPalmBeach.com.Today's roundup is from Patrick Jong, who offers these gems:
5. Green Cay Farms Squash Blossoms at Max's Harvest
Delicate squash blossoms are stuffed with lemon ricotta and served with watercress and a tomato olive vinaigrette at this farm-to-table place we wrote about earlier for its terrific bacon.
4. Cheese grits at Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House
eggs, thick-cut bread, and local produce show off at this
breakfast and lunch mainstay on Himmarshee. Grits layered with cheese are the restaurant's
nod to the South, a delicious way to fatten up your breakfast
3. Oysters, New England clam chowder, crayfish bisque, and fish and chips at
for the crowd pleaser at this slip on Sunrise. It's a fun stop for a
quick, inexpensive lunch and some fun snacks, like shrimp chips or
1. Pork spare ribs and mac and cheese at Tom Jenkins Bar-B-Q
Deep-red barbecue sauce dresses thick, meaty ribs at this humble shop that's a favorite barbecue destination.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito