Oysters, Squash Blossoms, Spare Ribs, and More: Readers Rank Favorites
In tandem with our 100 favorite dishes for the New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012, we're asking readers to offer up their favorites. Submit yours to Melissa.McCart@BrowardPalmBeach.com.Today's roundup is from Patrick Jong, who offers these gems:
5. Green Cay Farms Squash Blossoms at Max's Harvest
Delicate squash blossoms are stuffed with lemon ricotta and served with watercress and a tomato olive vinaigrette at this farm-to-table place we wrote about earlier for its terrific bacon.
4. Cheese grits at Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House
eggs, thick-cut bread, and local produce show off at this
breakfast and lunch mainstay on Himmarshee. Grits layered with cheese are the restaurant's
nod to the South, a delicious way to fatten up your breakfast
3. Oysters, New England clam chowder, crayfish bisque, and fish and chips at
Southport Raw Bar
Gulf oysters are the given at this locals spot on the water. Add soup to your raw bar starter, whether it's chowder or bisque.
2. Rainbow roll at Sasaya Japanese Market
for the crowd pleaser at this slip on Sunrise. It's a fun stop for a
quick, inexpensive lunch and some fun snacks, like shrimp chips or
1. Pork spare ribs and mac and cheese at Tom Jenkins Bar-B-Q
Deep-red barbecue sauce dresses thick, meaty ribs at this humble shop that's a favorite barbecue destination.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Valentine's Day 2016 Dinners in Broward and Palm Beach
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Sat., Feb. 27, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 7:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Mardi Gras Bar Crawl, Food Truck...
- #FloridaBeerFriday: A-10 Hophog Red IPA From Copperpoint Brewing Company