Oysters, Squash Blossoms, Spare Ribs, and More: Readers Rank Favorites
In tandem with our 100 favorite dishes for the New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012, we're asking readers to offer up their favorites. Submit yours to Melissa.McCart@BrowardPalmBeach.com.Today's roundup is from Patrick Jong, who offers these gems:
5. Green Cay Farms Squash Blossoms at Max's Harvest
Delicate squash blossoms are stuffed with lemon ricotta and served with watercress and a tomato olive vinaigrette at this farm-to-table place we wrote about earlier for its terrific bacon.
4. Cheese grits at Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House
eggs, thick-cut bread, and local produce show off at this
breakfast and lunch mainstay on Himmarshee. Grits layered with cheese are the restaurant's
nod to the South, a delicious way to fatten up your breakfast
3. Oysters, New England clam chowder, crayfish bisque, and fish and chips at
for the crowd pleaser at this slip on Sunrise. It's a fun stop for a
quick, inexpensive lunch and some fun snacks, like shrimp chips or
1. Pork spare ribs and mac and cheese at Tom Jenkins Bar-B-Q
Deep-red barbecue sauce dresses thick, meaty ribs at this humble shop that's a favorite barbecue destination.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Two& Celebrates the Start of Its Second Year, “Have a Beer and Talk to Us About Bikes”
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Tap 42 Hosts #SaveUber Party Thursday as Ridesharing Service Comes to an End in Broward
- Dine Hong Kong-Style at Toa Toa Chinese Dim Sum Restaurant