Pizza Hut Rolls Out Crazy Cheese Crust Pizza For a Limited Time
Have you ever been eating a Pizza Hut pizza and think to yourself? Man, this pizza is delicious, but it could be freaking amazing if it had, like, a lot more cheese.
Well, the Gods of Pizza Hut pizza have been listening to you, my friend: Pizza Hut just announced it will be releasing an even cheesier pizza this Wednesday.
- Pizza Hut's Cheese Scented Valentine's Day Package: Win One
- California Pizza Kitchen Gets an Overhaul: New Flagship Location at Sawgrass Mills Mall (Photos)
- Spadini's Mizner Pizzeria in Boca Raton: Owner Tom Sellick Has Magnum P.I. Tattoos (Photos)
The limited release "Crazy Cheesy Crust," a pizza surrounded little cheese-filled pockets of crust, that can be pulled off and consumed separately. The hand-tossed crust's semi-circles are filled with a five-cheese mix of Asiago, Romano, Fontina, Provolone, and Mozzarella. Fancy.
It will be released in all U.S. stores for several weeks, starting tomorrow, at $12.99 for one topping pie.
As chains increasingly work to improve their images to gain a larger segment of health conscious individuals, Pizza Hut is moving in the opposite direction. A slice of the new one-topping "Crazy Cheese Crust" with pepperoni weighs in at 390 calories and 20 grams of fat. A slice of the chain's regular pepperoni counts in at 310 calories and 13 grams of fat.
In 1995 Pizza Hut rolled out the Stuffed-Crust Pizza, but the pies were so popular they have become a permanent menu item. A slice of pepperoni stuffed crust clocks in at 340 calories and 16 grams of fat. If history is key, the Crazy Cheese Crust might just be the way of the future for the chain's already cheesy pizza. Awesome.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Night + Day: Seven Things to Do in South Florida This Week
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Amazon Is Planning Drive-Through Grocery Concept; Could It Dethrone Publix in Florida?
- Midwestern Home Cooking at Knucklehead Burgers