Polynesian Fest Sunday in Boca's Royal Palm Place
OK, admit you didn't know we had a Polynesian Culture Association, but we do - and they're putting on their 2nd annual Boca Polynesian Cultural Festival Sunday afternoon.
Pu-pu platter-type foods (skewered hors d'oeuvres like pork with chicken and pineapple or fried stuffed wontons), egg rolls, barbecued ribs, fried rice and other Pacific Rim specialties are on the menus of participating food vendors.
Polynesian dancers - the ones who play with fire and knives and the ones who tell stories with their hands and hips - will perform. The public is invited on stage to learn the dances. Arts and crafts with island themes are for sale.
It's free (buy your own foods).
Polynesian Cultural Festival
- Noon-6 p.m., Sunday, March 6
- Royal Palm Place (Federal Highway, south of Palmetto Park Road), Boca Raton
- Free admission
- Information: polynesiancultureassociation.com
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- New TImes' Original Beerfest Is Saturday: Meet the Miss Beerfest Finalists and...
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival Expands Into Broward With Three New Events
- New West Palm Beach Food Tours Launches in Palm Beach County