Restaurant News: A New Old Town Tavern, Bagel Boyz Do West Palm, Nick's Kicks in Lake Worth
• Everything Old Town Tavern (10 E. Boca Raton Rd., 561/367-7676) is new again. The long-time pubby standby in Boca is back with a more upscale look and slightly more upscale menu after a recent closing for renovation. Lots of dark wood, flat-screen TVs and etched-glass panels juice up the dining room, while the menu sports dishes like fish tacos, rotisserie-roasted organic chicken and penne with tomato-vodka cream sauce to go along with the usual burgers, wings and sandwiches.
• Add another eatery to the West Palm Beach mix with the debut of Bagel Boyz
(332 Banyan Blvd., 561-670-2148), the fourth local outlet for this
"fast casual" purveyor of bagels and more. Get your bagel schmeared with
everything from cream cheese and peanut butter to eggs, bacon, cheese
and pizza sauce. They do burgers, sandwiches and salads too, even
Maryland she-crab soup and "Bagel Bonz" for your mutt. Woof!
• Shut up tighter than a dead clam is Nick's Apizza,
restaurateur Nick Laudano's New Haven-style pizzeria in downtown Lake
Worth, whose specialty was the sauceless white clam pie. Despite a
bright, contemporary décor and pizzas at least as good as any others in
town, the restaurant never attracted much business. And though it
reopened for a few weeks after closing for the 2010 off-season, its
fortunes never changed. A sign in the window says Hookah Lounge is
coming, so smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Beer Releases, Wine Dinners, and More
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Restaurants React to Banning of Alcohol Sales Past 2 a.m. in Fort Lauderdale
- The Regional Kitchen & Public House to Open With Chef Lindsay Autry