Restaurant News: Amici's Market Opens, Organic Produce at Deerfield GreenMarket, $10 Steak Dinner in Palm Beach
• The long-shuttered Market Salamader in Palm Beach is now Amici Market (155 N. County Rd., 561-832-0201) the latest project of Maurizio Ciminella, owner of the late Amici's Ristorante. Foods to go, organic produce, all-natural beef, seafood and assorted "gourmet" items are all on the shelves.
• One of the features of the new Deerfield Beach Green Market is certified organic produce from Elin and Andy Trousdale, proprietors of Le Bistro in Fort Lauderdale. Potatoes, apples, zucchini, carrots and more will be on sale, along with the Trousdales' fresh-made crepes.
• A 10-ounce steak for 10 bucks? In Palm Beach? That's the deal at The Palm Beach Steakhouse, which every Sunday through Dec. 26 is offering a certified Black Angus strip steak, choice of soup or salad, and dessert for a miserly $10 as part of its "Sunday Madness" promotion. Don't even think about trying to get in without reservations. The only question is: Who's crazier, the restaurateur who's offering that kind of deal or the customer who doesn't take advantage of it?
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Forget Your Old Stuffing Recipe, Mofongo Is Where It's at In South Florida (Recipe)
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- Drink Like The Pilgrims This Thanksgiving With Cider
- 3030 Ocean Stays the Course After Recent Renovations