Restaurant News: B.B. King's Opens, Cabana Re-Opens, Roxy's Auctions New Year's Booths
• The entertainment scene at CityPlace just got a whole lot more interesting with the opening earlier this month of B.B. King's Blues Club. Taking over the spaces once home to Legal Sea Foods and Bar Louie, this sixth club in the B.B. King mini-empire boasts four bars, stages for acoustic and electric music, and a restaurant menu of Southern-slash-Cajun specialties, from fried chicken and barbecued ribs to po' boys and catfish and shrimp with jambalaya sauce.
• West Palm's Nuevo Latino standout, Cabana, has moved into its new Clematis Street location, just a block or so west of its long-time spot near Flagler Street. The new Cabana encompasses 4,000 square feet, and includes a long, curving, under-lit bar and cool, earth-toned color scheme with lots of light and dark wood. The menu features such restaurant signatures as aji amarillo-marinated seafood ceviche and coconut milk-habanero curry with vegetables, chicken or shrimp.
• If you want to spend New Year's Eve hanging out on Roxy's rooftop Sky 309 bar, you may have to make the top bid on eBay. The West Palm nitespot is auctioning off 10 of its cozy six-person booths for the evening, with bids beginning at $100. Several have already been snapped up at prices reportedly as high as $250. If you want to snag one yourself, go here. There will also be a buffet with everything from prime rib to sushi, priced at $49.95 per person, so at least you won't have to face the new year hungry.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Last Chance to Save on New Times' Beerfest: The Full List of Brewerys
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Beerfest, Trader Joe's, and...
- Florida Beer: Hard Cider From Cigar City Cider and Mead