Restaurant News: Belle & Maxwell's Expands, Cake Boss Casting Call, Rustic Cellar Tasting
• Belle & Maxwell's, a casual European café on Dixie Highway in West Palm, reopens this week after several days of renovation to expand into the next-door space. Doubling the restaurant's size isn't the only addition. Along with serving its signature breakfast and lunch dishes, B&M will begin serving dinner next month, and hopes include Sunday brunch by the time "season" rolls around again.
• The TLC network's Cake Boss is looking for aspiring Bosslettes. If you think you have what it takes to shake, bake, and backstab your way to TV fame in an upcoming baking competition series, Boss Buddy Valastro and the TLC suits want to hear from you. Just go here and download and fill out the entry form and maybe you too can have your 15 minutes of sugar-frosted fame.
• They're tasting the good stuff at Boca's Rustic Cellar (409 SE Mizner Blvd., 561-637-4441). On Friday, July 23, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., the Mizner Park enoteca will pour a half-dozen of its high-end wines, from a Voirin Jumel Blanc de Blancs Premier Cru Champagne to the 2005 August Briggs Cabernet Sauvignon. With a few munchies, it will set you back $55 before July 19, $65 after. Only 20 people will get in, so if you want to be one, you need to go here and prepay.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Circa 1926 Tangerine Wheat From Darwin Brewing
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Black Friday Beers, Cocktails for...
- South Florida Grocery and Liquor Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day