Restaurant News: Cabana Finding New Casa, Lush Life in Delray, IKEA Gets Saucy
Chef Oliver cooks at Ikea tonight.
• There's more to IKEA than cheap furniture for suddenly impoverished
yuppies. Today from 6 to 8 p.m. Café
Maxx chef-owner Oliver Saucy will be at the Sunrise store doing a free
presentation under the auspices of Family Circle's Food University to
help you cook something you might actually want to eat. Ingredients,
spices, appetizers, and easy and healthful recipes are on the menu. Why not
learn from the best?
• One of Clematis Street's staple eateries, Cabana Las Palmas, is moving a few blocks up the road to expand its space and leave room for owner Glenn Frechter's new Italian restaurant. The new, improved Cabana, at 533 Clematis, will debut "soon," according to its website, while sometime early next year should see the opening of Mangia Bevi in the old Cabana space at 118 Clematis. Look for a New York-style Italian eatery with pizzas from a wood-burning oven and nothing over $20.
• If you just can't face the wreckage of Saturday night without the hair of the dog on Sunday morning, Delray Beach is the place to be. Last week, the City Commission voted to allow restaurants and bars to begin selling happy juice at 7 a.m. on the Sabbath, so now -- you lush -- you don't have to wait until noon to keep your buzz on. Don't get too giddy, though. If you want to crawl into your neighborhood Publix or 7-Eleven and get a six-pack of Bud for breakfast, you're still SOL.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida's Prescribed Spirits Gin Debuts at Craft Spirits Festival October 8
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Copperpoint Brewing, Big Bear Brewing Take 'Best Of' in Beer Tasting Championship
- Night + Day: Nine Best Things to Do in Broward and Palm Beach This Week