Restaurant News: Caliente Kitchen to Dish Free Tacos, RA Holds Sushi-Sake Class, Max's Grille Opens for Breakfast
• This "free" shit is starting to get out of hand. . . not that anyone is complaining. Following on the heels of CG Burgers' handout of complimentary burgers is Caliente Kitchen's free Taco Bar. Better move your chimichangas quickly, though, as the DIY taco bar will only be open on Friday, Jan. 14, from 4 to 7 p.m. There will be live music and three-for-one cocktails too, kicking off the restaurant's Friday happy hour.
• Amaze your friends with your sushi and sake knowledge by taking "Sushi & Sake 101" at RA Sushi in Pembroke Pines. Beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 22, the class will include a brief history lesson on sake and sushi, sushi rolling technique, sake flight pairings, snacks and a lunch card good for a free lunch at your next visit. Cost is $32 per person or $60 a couple, and you need to make rezzies by calling the restaurant.
• "You've got to get up early if you want to get out of bed," said Groucho Marx. And if you're one of those people who can (or has to) roll out of bed before the sun comes up, Max's Grille can now feed you breakfast. Starting at 8 a.m. (and offering free WiFi), the Mizner Park eatery features all the usual early-morning culinary suspects, as well as a few more interesting dishes like smoked salmon BLT, crab and fontina omelet, and roasted vegetable and goat cheese quiche. Everything but the omelet is $10 or under too.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks