Restaurant News: Capri Ristorante Opens in Boca, Speranza Pizzeria Debuts, Slow Food Dinner at da Campo Osteria
• Joining Caruso as the second Italian restaurant opened in Boca Raton by former Chicago restaurateurs in the past few months is Capri Ristorante (39 SE First Ave.; 561-391-8044). The husband-and-wife team of Joey and Giovanna Capri have ex-Norman Van Aken and Mark Militello chef Victor Franco in the kitchen cooking traditional Italian dishes, including signatures like "Forget About It" chicken and choice of house-made pastas with half a dozen sauces.
• Just a few blocks from Capri is another Boca newbie, Speranza Pizzeria (41 E. Palmetto Park Road; 561-245-7598). Using a wood-fired grill, not the suddenly trendy coal, Speranza turns out all your basic Italian pies but also a few more interesting choices, like a Portuguese pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella, ham, black olives, onions, Parmesan, and eggs baked on top. There's also a selection of starters and salads and pastas, plus entrée-sized dishes of chicken and beef.
• Dine well and slowly at Todd English's da Campo Osteria (3333 NE 32nd Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-4400) on Sunday, May 16, when Slow Food Glades to Coast hosts a family-style "Slow Sunday Supper" featuring local ingredients. Among the courses will be fresh-made mozzarella with Farmhouse tomatoes, spinach risotto, cioppino of Florida seafood, and several preparations of heritage pork. And dessert, of course. Reception begins at 5 p.m., with dinner running from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Price is $59 per person, and reservations can be made by calling 954-226-5002.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Fourth-Annual All-You-Can-Eat Boca Burger Battle Returns to Sanborn Square
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Delray’s Chef vs. Chef Week Three: Victor Franco, Oceans 234, and Victor Meneses of El...
- Ben & Jerry's Renames Cookie Dough Flavor I Dough, I Dough in Honor of...