Restaurant News: Carmine's Big Plans, Nosh in Cooper City, Get Rummy at Reef Road
• First, Palm Beach Gardens. Then, the world. That seems to be the mantra of local restaurateur Carmine Giardini, who's planning a national expansion of his upscale burger joint, CG Burgers. First up will be CGs in the old Bice Bistro space in the Gardens, followed by two more in West Kendall and Coral Springs. He's also got restaurant openings planned for Coral Gables' tony Village at Merrick Park so you know this man is busy.
• Whether you keep kosher or just can't resist an overstuffed pastrami sandwich, you might want to sharpen your appetite for the 2010 Nosh Fest, a celebration of snacking on all your favorite Jewish delicacies, from matzo ball soup to knishes. There's cooking competitions and demonstrations and other stuff too, all to benefit a trio of local hunger-fighting organizations. It all takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 21, at Temple Beth Emet (4807 S. Flamingo Rd., Cooper City, 954-680-1882). Admission is a donation of canned food, then you purchase tickets (cheap) to taste around. For more details, go here.
• Get rummy on the good stuff at Robert Burr's Spiced Rum Experience, to be held Thursday, Nov. 11, from 7 to 9 p.m., at Reef Road Rum Bar in West Palm Beach. Rums infused with everything from vanilla and ginger to turmeric and juniper berry will be tasted, along with rum-based cocktails. Cost is $20 and attendance is limited, so make your rezzies here.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Favorite Dish: Pulled Pork Sandwich From Greenwood BBQ in Lighthouse Point
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- July 2015 Browand and Palm Beach Restaurant Openings and Closings
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Food Tour, Wine Tasting,...