Restaurant News: Charley's Becomes Chart House, Vivo's Offers Lunch Deals, Dara Torres Tends Bar
• National restaurant mega-chain Landry's Restaurant Inc. is switching its Fort Lauderdale Charley's Crab eatery over to the Chart House brand. Renovation of the space has added a new patio and lounge, and while no one at the Houston-based company responded to several queries, the difference in menus between the two seems minimal, so if you liked Charley's, you'll probably feel the same now that it's Chart House. C'est la vie.
• And the deals just keep on coming. At Tony Bova's new Vivo Partenza
they're offering 10 weekday lunch specials for $10, everything from a
Prime burger and meatball sliders to summer salad of haricots vert and
mussels bianco. There's also a happy hour with 50 percent off all
drinks $15 and less and half off appetizers at the bar. Lunch special
hours are Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Happy hour is
from 3 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday.
You might think Olympic swimming medalist Dara Torres's favorite
liquid is water, but for at least one day next week it will be booze,
when the 12-time champion is a celebrity bartender to raise money for
diabetes research at Delray's City Oyster & Sushi Bar.
Joining Torres to benefit JDRF Ride to Cure will be LPGA golfer
Michelle McGann and other local luminaries. There will be free munchies
and a raffle too. The event takes place Thursday, Aug. 12, from 5:30 to
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Copperpoint Brewing, Big Bear Brewing Take 'Best Of' in Beer Tasting Championship
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Night + Day: Nine Best Things to Do in Broward and Palm Beach This Week
- Brgr Stop in Coconut Creek Serves Childhood Favorites, All Grown-Up